The Mississippi Department of Education requires all public school districts in the state to participate in the statewide assessment system. The purpose of the assessment system is for instructional improvement, as well as, to measure what students are actually learning in the classrooms.
Students in New Albany School District participate in the following assessment programs.
- Kindergarten: Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (PreTest & PostTest)
- Grades 3-8: MAAP English Language Arts & Mathematics
- Grades 5 & 8: MAAP Science
- Grade 11: ACT Junior Administration
- High School: MAAP End of Course Assessments in English II, Algebra I, Biology, and U.S. History
- Career & Technical Education Center: CPAS2 & National Certification Tests