NAES Assistant Teacher
To Apply simply send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
NAES Learning Associate (Teacher Assistant) Job Description
The primary role of a learning associate (teacher assistant) is to support student learning.
Learning associate duties include the following:
- Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior
- Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, etc.
- Help supervise students when needed (in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips)
- Other assigned duties
While the learning associate is assigned to a designated teacher for instructional purposes, a learning associate may have other duties including substituting in other classrooms or assisting with assigned tasks.
The learning associate is under the supervision or a certified teacher. The teacher is responsible for assigning tasks and communicating expectations clearly. While all employees are equal as individuals, the expectations and responsibilities differ in the teacher and learning associate roles.
- The teacher should handle all communication with parents. A learning associate should never call, text, or respond orally or in writing to parents regarding any school related situations.
- A learning associate should follow the teacher’s classroom management plan.
The New Albany School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
Any applicant not meeting requirements for the position they are applying for or applicants who do not include all the information requested (Teaching license, letter of interest, and resume) will not be considered for employment.