To Apply simply send your resume, letter of interest, and copy of your license to firstname.lastname@example.org
NAES SCHOOL SECRETARY
To perform a variety of secretarial, clerical, and administrative duties in support of the operation of the school and in support of the principal, staff, students and parents.
Main Job Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
Filing systems and database management
- Set up and maintain filing systems for students and staff – paper and electronic.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into STI.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring a response (electronic files preferred when appropriate).
- Locate and provide data as requested.
Student and staff attendance
- Ensure accurate attendance records are kept for the teachers and students and submit reports as required such as reports to the Truancy Officer.
- Verify parents’ and doctors’ notes and investigate any discrepancies in attendance information.
- Manage attendance requests in Marathon. Principal will approve requests.
- Ensure tardiness and attendance is recorded in a timely manner with the help of other office personnel.
- Coordinate substitute personnel for absent staff members and maintain the teacher absentee spreadsheet.
School processes and procedures
- Meet with new students and parents to complete the registration and orientation process.
- Withdraw students from school in accordance with school and district procedures and enter in our STI system.
Front desk duties
- Serve as a central information point to the public, students and staff regarding school-related matters and procedures.
- Answer incoming calls, provide information, direct calls where necessary and take messages.
- Greet visitors, handle inquiries, and direct visitors to the appropriate destination.
- Read, sort, and distribute incoming school mail.
The New Albany School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
Any applicant not meeting requirements for the position they are applying for or applicants who do not include all the information requested (Teaching license, letter of interest, and resume) will not be considered for employment.