New Albany School District received notification regarding the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Request for Proposal (Grant Application) from MDE on Friday, May 8, 2020.
In accordance with federal statute, we are required to inform our community and our stakeholders regarding our intent to apply, as well our proposed timeline.
New Albany School District submitted its Notice of Intent to Apply on Monday, June 1, 2020 to MDE.
The following is a timeline of events surrounding our proposal process:
Week of May 11, 2020
Participate in webinar.
Review Request for Proposal
Week of May 18, 2020
Meet with superintendent regarding intent to apply
Week of May 25, 2020
Meet with the Health Services Coordinator regarding concerns around the current COVID-19 situation and hosting an after-school program.
Meet with Building Level Principals & Superintendent to determine budget needs and develop outline for proposed programming.
- Week of June 1, 2020
- Post Notice of Intent to Apply on School Website.
- Send email describing intent to apply and projected timeline to administrators, counselors, school board members, parents possible 21st CCLC staff members, and possible partners.
- Read correspondence received from website posting and email announcement. Answer any questions received.
- Make contacts with possible partners.
- Begin writing proposal to include needs assessment, budget, program plan, and evaluation.
- Gain signatures needed on required forms.
- Present information regarding 21st CCLC RFP and intent to apply in school board meeting.
- Finalizegrant proposal package.
Week of June 22, 2020
-Make New Albany School District’s final proposal available via the New Albany School District’s website.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions regarding New Albany School District’s intent to apply for the 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant program, please contact Melanie Shannon, Program Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 662-534-1800 extension 2126.