New Albany School District received notification regarding the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Request for Proposal (STEAM Grant Application) from the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) on February 7, 2019.
In accordance with federal statute, we are required to inform our community and our stakeholders regarding our intent to apply, as well our proposed timeline.
The following is a timeline of events surrounding our proposal process:
February 21-Grant Information Meeting with administrators and selected teachers to introduce STEAM grant
Week of February 25, 2019
- Post Notice of Intent to Apply on School Website.
- Send email describing intent to apply and projected timeline to administrators, counselors, school board members, possible 21st CCLC lead teachers/staff members, and possible partners.
- Read correspondence received from website posting and email announcement. Answer any questions received.
- Make contacts with possible partners.
- Begin writing proposal to include needs assessment, budget, program plan, and evaluation.
- Gain signatures needed on required forms.
Week of March 4, 2019
- Continue meeting with possible partners and writing grant proposal.
- Present information regarding 21st CCLC RFP and grant proposal in school board meeting.
- Read correspondence received from website posting and school board meeting announcement. Answer any questions received.
- Finalize grant proposal package.
- Ship package overnight via UPS.
March 22, 2019
- Make New Albany School District’s final proposal document available via the New Albany School District’s website.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions regarding New Albany School District’s intent to apply for the 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant program, please contact Melanie Shannon, via email at email@example.com by phone at 662-534-1800 extension 2126.